Monday, August 22, 2011

Favorite Tools - Brass Tools


While I was at MISSA a couple weeks ago I learnt how to do hot twisting (forging) and boy was I hooked! I was excited to be able to make some of my own tools! I’ve been wanting to work on some more functional pieces and this seems to be a good was to ease into it.

The tools are fabricated out of 360 bronze stock. They make wonderful tools for moving and poking hot glass. A nice feel in the hand makes them great burnishers as well. I hope to slowly add some different end shapes to them, and am always open to ideas.

9 comments:

mcstoneworks said...

How cool is that! I can see that these would come in handy.

Ness said...

Ooooh, now they are NICE! I have tool envy ;)

Nicole Valentine-Rimmer said...

These will be listed in my etsy shop this week! They are so much fun to make!

Jeanne said...

That is really great, making your own tools! Moving into blacksmithing, are you??? heheheh

DawninCal said...

Wow! Forging tools is taking your skills to a whole new level!

TheSillyCurmudgeon said...

Wow- I have not seen these before...but I don't make wonderful glass creation like you, Nicole! Not yet ;o)

Off to look...thank you for the info! :o)

Caron Michelle said...

How clever are you - these are great!

EleganceandSparkles said...

That is amazing! How nice.

Nicole Valentine-Rimmer said...

Thanks everyone! Really its not that hard LOL I made a huge batch of them yesterday and while they are time consuming they aren't complicated.