Sunday, July 17, 2011

Summer is Here!

My summer holidays start this week and it feels pretty good. I love summer! It’s sunny, it’s warm and most people are in a good mood. People are travelling, visiting friends and family and having a good time.

Summer is the time for outdoor concerts, festivals and picnics in the park. It’s a casual, relaxed season. It’s the time to wear shorts and sandals and pretty little sundresses.

As I won’t need to dress for the office during my time off, my choice of accessories will be different. Pieces with a casual, laid back vibe will be preferred. What do you look for in summertime jewelry?

How about these fabulous bangles? With all the short sleeves and tanks being worn this season, I think an arm full of these would be great.

Hammered Bronze Copper Bangles by Galadryl Designs


As sandals are the footwear of the season, it’s a perfect time to wear a toe ring. Feet need accessories too.

Oxidized Sterling Silver Curl Toe Ring by Shiny Adornments


I’ve found the perfect pendant for a day at the beach. Myrtle the Turtle would be the perfect companion.

Sea Turtle Necklace by Popnicute


I love bright, happy colours and these mint green earrings are fun, casual and cheerful. Perfect for summer, I think.

Mint Green Teardrop Earrings by MC Stoneworks


The perfect little sundress needs a nice, summery necklace. This daisy necklace could be the right one for the job.

Daisy Handpainted Necklace by Jewelry Art by Dawn


I apologize to those of you living in the southern hemisphere. I’m so happy that summer is finally here that I can’t even bear to think about winter. I’m sending warm, sunny thoughts your way.

 
All jewelry items featured above were created by members of the Starving Jewelry Artists Team. SATeam members create handcrafted jewelry and beads. More information about our team and its current shop owner members can be found at SATEAM.etsy.com and here on ArtFire.

7 comments:

Cat said...

You picked perfect summer items!

ShinyAdornments said...

105ish here today. Yep, summer has arrived.

;-)

Great items that you featured!

Kristy
ShinyAdornments

Caron Michelle said...

Wonderful reflections of summer.

DawninCal said...

High of 72 today in sunny California when it's usually in the 90's/100's. Not complaining though - I love it this cool weather!

I also love the cool summer items you featured; just lovely and perfect for summer.

Thank you for including my daisies!

mcstoneworks said...

Any of these picks would be perfect summer accessories.

Like Kristy's weather, Texas is HOT!

Anonymous said...

Only just 60 F here, summer is taking a break :(, lovely picks, the turtle is ever so cute.

Jeanne said...

Perfect summer companions! They're all great, but I can't help it, Murtle is just tooo cute!