Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sorry

I really am, but I just don't have time to write this blog post. The other day I read in a book the phrase "crazy as a bunch of neutered snakes". First it made me wonder if snakes are really ever neutered and it was hard to not take the time to google it (as mentioned already, I just don't have the time). Second it sounds much like the grade of craziness that I am going through at the moment. I decided to go through all of my pictures, edit them or retake them if necessary and I haven't come too far.
So I also decided to bring in a very savvy guest writer for today. Please give Ms. Classic Slouchy a warm welcome. Classic is from the Slouchy family - yeah, yeah, you already guessed that - an alien race who lives in the wardrobe of Cortney from Cleody Skye Creations and she - I quote - "likes to sit around and drink tea with the other fashionable Slouchies. She's also a fan of modeling pretty accessories. She has been known to steal the little jewels out of my craft supply box. I can't blame her. They are cute on her."
Well, I guess it's back to my pictures for me. Have fun, you guys, and don't do what I wouldn't do!


Hi, I'm Classic and I'm your guide to the wonderful world of jewelry today. As you can see, I'm a real fashionista. I had so much fun going through your shops to pick a few of my favorite items. Just a few because, oh, there were so many!

I'll start with this mind-boggling piece by Galadryl Design. Beautiful lampwork beads combined with silver, who could resist that combination? I love the wild animal print, too.


I'll stay with the lampwork for my next favorite. As you can see I like color and this beautiful bead by Bead Up A Storm is pure color. I have to be careful none of the other Slouchies will steal it because s/he thinks it's yummy candy. I'm very tempted to lick it myself, but of course I'm a lady, so don't tell anyone I said this.


My name wouldn't be Classic if I didn't choose one very classic and timeless creation. I adore tourmaline and I can see these earrings by Marie Cristine dangle from my ears now, ehm, even if you don't see them ... the ears. The perfect design to go with my beautiful bow, right?


You can see I like all kind of jewelry. I wish I could show you more, but the lady who brought me here, is looking at her watch. I think she's afraid I won't be able to stop talking ;-) Maybe we'll meet in one of the shops and then have a cup of tea together, who knows?

By Cat's Wire and Classic Slouchy

All jewelry items featured above were created by members of the Starving Jewelry Artists Team. SATeam members create handcrafted jewelry and beads. More information about our team and its current shop owner members can be found at SATEAM.etsy.com and here on ArtFire.

8 comments:

ShinyAdornments said...

Your post made me giggle. Now go find some time to make more great stuff!

:-)
Kristy
shinyadornments.artfire.com

mcstoneworks said...

Your posts are always amusing, Cat. This one is no exception. Cute little character.

AMDesignsbyAngela said...

You crack me up...very entertaining...

Anonymous said...

Cat, you are fab. Loved your post and of course your choices.

Ness said...

Ahh, Miss Classic - I really enjoyed your refreshing post (and I love that you picked my bright beadie too!)
Galadryl's beautiful necklace was gorgeous choice, not forgetting Marie Cristine's exquisite earrings!
I hope our Cat is feeling less rushed, but it has been nice to meet you!!

And we wonder where all those odd socks went......

Unknown said...

lol - fantastic blog classic, maybe you could come and do one on mine someday?? please?

DawninCal said...

I love Miss Slouchy and think she should become a regular contributor to the blog.

Not only does she have fabulous taste in jewelry, she is adorable. She's made slouching an art form - wish I could slouch so attractively!

Jeanne said...

Ms. Slouchy, I thoroughly enjoyed you contribution to our blog and would love it if you came back to lead us in other adventures!

p.s. I think your hair bow is JUST the right touch for your outfit. :)