Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A perfect moment

Saturday morning. Off to the bakery. My eyes are still half closed and I'm tired. So I stumble downhill, buy my bread and stumble uphill again. When arriving at my back yard, I hear something rustling on the other side of the fence. At first I think it's the neighbor, but then I see them flying up to the tree behind me - three little finches chattering away.

Little bird necklace by 2 Belles and a Bead

I look around to see if someone or something has disturbed them, but they probably just got together for some kind of bird coffee klatsch. The cat behind the window staring down is no danger for them, although I wouldn't trust him if he was out here now.

The cat came back lampwork bead by Fireballbeeds by Islandgirl

Slowly I begin to wake up and see things that have changed in our little garden over the last few days. I can't remember the flowers over there. I give them a nod to greet them - and spring - in our corner of the world.

Flower earrings by Creations by Carol Ladine

Now the sun is coming out hesitantly. It looks a little as if it's not quite awake, either. It won't be here in our yard before afternoon, but I can see it on the rooftop across the street, a single promising ray.

Domed brass earrings by O'Refined

The finches are still in their tree, probably talking about the crazy woman looking up at them with a big smile on her face. I don't care. All is good this very moment.

I heart Earth - tree necklace by Paintin by Faith

By Cat's Wire

Featuring artisan handmade creations by the Starving Artists jewelry team. SATeam members create handcrafted jewelry and beads. More information about our team and its current shop owner members can be found at SATEAM.etsy.com and here on ArtFire.

12 comments:

Islandgirl said...

What a cute story! And thanks for including my cat bead... I'm sure he really would like a finch for breakfast... not the kitty gruffies he gets offered!

Erika Price said...

Love the story, and the beautiful finds!

Jeanne/J3Jewelry said...

Cat what a wondeful whimsical story. I love it and the items you featured. Just lovely.

Ava said...

What a great little story! It's made my day, I will think about those little finches as I drive to work. Thank you for sharing your morning stroll.

PaintinByFaith said...

what a lovely story .... and such amazing illustrations!

Unknown said...

lovely - and I love the little bird necklace. Some beautiful work there!!

Koolbraider said...

What a unique way to tell the story of a magical day. And of course, there's a cat!

AMDesignsbyAngela said...

I so enjoyed tagging along on your stroll...and the illustrations are perfect.

DawninCal said...

Going along with you on your morning stroll was magical as is the lovely work you've featured!

Anonymous said...

Lovely post, the little bird is so cute.

RitaJC said...

What a cute story and great finds!

Happileerving said...

Life is good. Thank you for sharing your perfect moment.