Sunday, August 8, 2010

Purple Picks

For the past week I’ve been looking at purple paint chip samples to the point of feeling like I’m going cross-eyed. We are repainting our kitchen, and selecting just the right colour is a lot of work.

Yes, you read that correctly, we will be painting our kitchen purple. I do realize that purple is an unusual choice for a kitchen, but I’m confident the shade we have finally selected (Purple Surf) will bring just the right amount of contrast and life that is desperately needed to our very “blah” kitchen.

Purple is actually a very “in” colour at the moment. It is gaining popularity as a paint choice, and is very current in fashion and accessories. According to colour trend forecasters Pantone, purple will remain a popular colour option for this year and next, which is great news if, like me, you love purple.

Maybe you still think I’m a bit crazy for selecting purple for my kitchen (and my husband a bit crazier for going along), but I’m sure you will agree that these pieces of purple jewelry are right on the mark. :)















Featuring artisan handmade creations by the Etsy Starving Artists jewelry team. SATeam members create handcrafted jewelry and beads. More information about our team and its current Etsy shop owner members can be found at SATEAM.etsy.com.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Purple is starting to grow on me...I still don't wear it as a full color, but will do accents on occasion. Thanks for including my earrings in your picks!

mcstoneworks said...

Beautiful purple collection. Ava's earrings are stunning.

Post some pics of your purple kitchen when you're done. I bet it will be pretty.

Nicole Valentine-Rimmer said...

Purple is my favorite color! My studio is painted purple!

Cat said...

We used to have a purplish kitchen in the old apartment.
Great picks!

Anonymous said...

Great colour. Unique jewelry. Love Ava's earrings.

Caron Michelle said...

Great post - love your purple picks, its a fab colour which can be toned with so much!

MmeMagpie said...

Purple goes with everything (of course I have to say this. I wear purple shoes every day)

Danagonia said...

I LOVE purple!! So gorgeous... Thanks for including my bracelet