Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Going to the supermarket


It's not that bad very often, but last weekend it happened and I'm not proud of it. I do have explanations, excuses ... the weather, work, stress, brain blockage, lack of motivation and probably pure laziness at times. But explanations and excuses won't feed us and living in a country where supermarkets are closed on Sundays standing in front of an empty fridge was a little frustrating.
How could it come that far?

The only thing I could do was order take-out food which is usually too salty for my taste or distract myself with a little browsing tour.
Can you imagine how I felt when I found the following items reminding me of groceries even more?

Let's start with a nice refreshing drink. Pink lemonade earrings by Katalina Jewelry. Much better than tap water!


How about some fruit next? Pixe's Treasure Chest has these beautiful mouth-watering peach earrings for you! I had a withered apple ...


I think honey would go very well with the peaches, don't you? I happened to stumble upon these copper stick earrings with cute honey-colored glass beads in the shop of Northern Girl Jewelry. Mmmh, honey.


One of the most important things I need is milk. Now I wonder why this cuff by BeadsBeadingBeaded reminded me of milk? Think it could have been the cow?


Great, after this tour I was even more hungry than before and I wondered what would be cooking at my Mom's place ......... ;-)


The SATeam blog features artisan handmade creations by the etsy starving artists jewelry team. SATeam members create handcrafted jewelry and beads. More information about our team and its current etsy shop owner members can be found at SATEAM.etsy.com.


P.S. There's no need to send Care packages. I exaggerated, just a little.

9 comments:

mcstoneworks said...

Glad you didn't go hungry. Erin's cuff is fabulous.

Anonymous said...

I always keep stuff in the freezer for situations like that *g, you have chosen beautiful items.

tjrjewellery said...

Hehehe...hate when the fridge reaches empty! Great imagery in your selections Cat.

Meredith Hilt Designs said...

I love that kind of shopping! Very cute selections - but too hard to decide if I want the lemonade or milk...

Caron Michelle said...

Oooh - this so makes me want to go to the markets! Fabulous post.

Unknown said...

What an original post this was! You always amaze me with the themes you come up with and the selections you choose to illustrate them! Well done!

Atelier MariT said...

Great selections, love the post fun and witty!

Danagonia said...

What a fun article

Happileerving said...

Great selections. I really like your idea for the theme. Luckily here grocery stores are open 24/7. Years ago when the kids still lived at home and the grocery store wasn't so convenient Fred used to tell me I could stock a bomb shelter for 6 months I kept the pantry so full.