Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sweetoholics Anonymous

Picture by Andreas Praefcke

Just pretend you don't know me. I'm here in disguise to tell you about my addiction. No, not the bead hoarder addiction, but ... no, not the general packrat thing, either. It's ... no, not the online ... hey, hey, stop it!
Let me start again. I'm here to tell you about ONE of my addictions, ok? I'm a sweetoholic. That is not an official word and still I'm sure you will all understand what it means.
It has not gotten so bad yet that I will steal lollies from babies, but I couldn't guarantee for not taking them from teenagers, only teenagers are so much faster than me, so that is not a real option, either.
Luckily I have the financial means to buy sweets myself, but since my scales started hiding from me behind the sink, I decided it was time to do something about this addiction.

Now what could help with that? I tried to cheat myself with packing up carrots in candy wrappers, but strangely enough that didn't fool me. Then I tried cutting Marilyn Monroe's initials into apples (nice way around any possible copyright violation, hm?), the only success was that I annoyed a few worms that wanted to stay undisturbed. They can get nasty when you wake them up, did you know that?
In my despair I started browsing Etsy and this is what I came across. Granted, these items are not edible, but they sure make MY mouth water!

What do you think about these chocolate truffles from the shop "Beads by Melissa Vess"? If you already need a napkin now, better be prepared, there is more to come!


Drop in at StudioDTQ where you'll find this dyed candy jade necklace. I can imagine myself going to a movie theater wearing it and I bet they would want to take it away from me and claim that I am trying to sneak in my own candy!


Although I'm a sweetoholic, I have my preferences and I decidedly have dislikes as well. One of them is cheesecake. When I still lived with my parents I made the cheesecakes (and I have no idea why because I think I'm a terrible baker) and I got so tired of them that still today I won't touch one. Not even if I can take it away from a teenager.
These strawberry cheesecake earrings, though - well, that's another thing. Don't they look great? They are brought to you by Erika Price Designs.


I hope you enjoyed the little trip through candyland, even if I am not Willy Wonka! Uh-oh, now I made myself crave a sugar cup full of chocolate from his waterfall ....

Featuring artisan handmade creations by the Etsy Starving Artists Jewelry Team. SATeam members create handcrafted jewelry and beads. More information about our team and its current Etsy shop owner members can be found at SATEAM.etsy.com.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Gosh looking at these is making me hungry!

Willow Branch said...

LOL oh geez....now I want chocolate & I want to shop. Really lovely picks & I don't know how they can make those goodies without candy in their mouths.

Pam

Anonymous said...

Yummy. Everything looks so scrumptious.

Cynthia Newcomer Daniel said...

Yummy!!!!

Atelier MariT said...

Yummy collection

Caron Michelle said...

Simply delicious!

N Valentine Studio said...

I have been a candyaholic my whole life! I cut 75% of the sugar out of my diet about 3 years ago, it was REALLY hard! Love this blog post!

Carole said...

Mmmm, very tasty-looking. Going to the cupboard now...

mcstoneworks said...

Delicious! What tasty looking finds.

DragonTrollQueen said...

Wow! How did I miss this? I love those bon bon beads- they look SO good!