Saturday, May 1, 2010

Quote Me - Mahatma Gandhi

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.
~Mahatma Gandhi


Don't get me wrong... I'd love to be adorned by the stunning jewellery I found this afternoon while searching through SATeam!

But, it's not until you lose your health that you truly appreciate it.

I know that many of us on the team work with and around chronic health issues.
And we keep on plugging on. Day after day, regardless. When we have a good day, we bless it. If the day is bad, it's not so good.
And life throws us curve balls, regardless of our own health. The health of our family and loved ones - it all impacts on our 'wealth', or our 'health of mind'.


Why do we keep plugging on regardless?
Because we are doing what we love. Our craft brings us joy, and we can forget about our pains for a while.


I did find this awesome article this week through the Etsy Success Reading List, and I highly recommend that all of us read it.
Titled How To Get More Done in Less Time - it highlights an excellent time management strategy... which has to do with tomatoes!! Are you curious yet??

So treasure your health, and treasure your craft - and enjoy each day for the beauty that it provides.

Featuring handmade jewellery from the SATeam - the Starving Artist Jewelry Team on Etsy.
You can see all participating members of SATeam here -http://www.etsy.com/people/SATEAM - be sure and drop by.

4 comments:

tjrjewellery said...

Hahaha - you stunned me for a second when I saw my ring front centre in the post (wasn't expecting to see that!).

Funny you should mention health. There are those who wait till retirement to do what they desire, only to find that their health has failed them. We are so dependent on our eyes and hands - I am already starting to see a few issues as I age and am glad I decided to find the money to buy the tools and pursue my love now instead of waiting!

Anonymous said...

Gandhi was so very right. Health is very important. Lovely jewelry.

Caron Michelle said...

My real job is stressful, I find coming home and developing my skills is a wonderful stress reliever - this is a great reminder. Beautiful selections - such a talented team!

mcstoneworks said...

Great topic. Hope your health gets better Tasha.