Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Featured Artist: N Valentine Studio

Etsy Store: www.NValentineStudio.etsy.com
Blog:
www.nvalentine.blogspot.com


N. Valentine, of N. Valentine Studio, is a lampwork artist and silversmith, who loves making perfect little earring beads. Her beads are so perfectly matched, that often people think they are looking a one bead reflected in a mirror in her photographs.

In addition to earrings, she also makes silver cored beads with matching silk ribbons and bracelets. However, she adds, "Sometimes I get a new idea and there is something totally different in my shop!"

She uses glass, sterling silver, PMC, and silk ribbon to make her jewelry. She makes her own lampwork beads, and, in addition to using them in her own jewelry, she offers beads for sale.

When asked how she got started making jewelry, N. Valentine admits, "I think I was a crow in a previous life! I love shiny things." Her philosophy is simple: she makes what she loves, sayinhg, "Colors and textures tend to draw me in. I like simple lines, and organic looks."

N. Valentine has a strong background in the arts; she admits that she dabbled in a lot of different mediums, but once she tried glass, she was hooked. She told us, "I've been blessed to have classes with a lot of fantastic instructors over the years. Andrea Guarino, Micheal Barley, Kimberly Affleck, Cynthia Archer, Amy Johnson, Sherry Bellamy, Teresa Labirte; I may have forgotten someone!"

N. Valentine is married, and working on a family. She says, "I have a wonderful supportive husband, who was thrilled to be able to build me a studio. We have both been professionals in the equine world since an early age, though we are moving away from that professionally. We are now down to only four horses!" She says that her travel on the rodeo circuit, and the wilderness and countryside that she sees, often give her ideas for beads and jewelry.

N. Valentine hopes that the people who wear her beads and jewelry feel empowered, confident and strong.

The SATeam blog features artisan handmade creations by the etsy starving artists jewelry team. SATeam members create handcrafted jewelry and beads. More information about our team and its current etsy shop owner members can be found at SATEAM.etsy.com.

13 comments:

ShinyAdornments said...

Great profile. LOVELY jewelry!

:-)

Kristy
shinyadornments.etsy.com

Mich(Pixe's Treasure Chest) said...

Great profile of Nicole! I've always admired her work, especially the goddesses and the owls, and one of these days, I'm going to treat myself!

Mich
http://pixestreasurechest.etsy.com

Meghann said...

Wow, what a great artist!

Cat said...

All I can or need to say is that my MIL was so happy about Nicole's little owl! :-D

mcstoneworks said...

Great article. Love her work.

Cynthia Newcomer Daniel said...

Cat, I gave my mom one of her owls, too!!! She loved it!

AMDesignsbyAngela said...

Nice article and talented glass artist.

ALN Designs said...

Great profile. It adds another dimension to Nicole's fabulous shop and creations.

Anne

Happileerving said...

Great profile. Nicole's work is stunning.

Leilani said...

It's so nice to get to know Nicole more! Now to get *my* husband to build me a studio...

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Shop and profile Nicole! LOVE your work!
Thanks so much for letting us into your world!
Warmest Regards,
Heather

TSmithDesign said...

Great profile! Love her work!

Lisa Holley said...

i love her work .her beads are so very colorful and creative.this is also a wonderful article.